Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cooking Bacon Cheddar Mashed Potatoes






















For our Thanksgiving dinner tonight, I made Bacon Cheddar Mashed Potatoes. I woke up this morning and here's what I did...

First, I peeled the potatoes (Picture 1). Then I cut the potatoes in little cubes so they'd boil more efficiently (Picture 2/3). I added water and salt and brought it to a boil (Picture 4). After draining the water, I added heavy cream, butter, and salt and pepper, and mashed the potatoes (Picture 5). On the side, I heated bacon to a crisp in a skillet (Picture 6). Then I added cheese, chives, sour cream, and the bacon to the potatoes (Picture 7). I mixed it all together, and got....

Bacon Cheddar Mashed Potatoes.

3 comments:

Elisha Marie said...

I applaud your dicing skills.

Krisitna Wang said...

wow looks yum. i hope it tastes yum too. i dont like bacon though, can you take the bacon back out?

christopher said...

picture 7's the best. hope the bacon was crispy. so are those going in the fridge for the five or so days until thanksgiving?