Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gnocchi Experiment




Having some potatoes left from the other day, I decided to try making gnocchi....

The first part, relatively easy, was to heat up some potatoes, take the insides and mash it with an egg, salt, pepper, and top it with some flour....Then you roll it up and create the little pieces of gnocchi....as you can see, some came out nicer than others haha....


My first try, I used Giada's Thyme Butter recipe and melted some butter with thyme and dropped the gnocchi in some boiling water. But I made a BIG MISTAKE! I left the gnocchi in too long and the result is this clumped up mashed potato type gnocchi haha....Oh well, the sauce was kinda gross anyway...


My second try, I decided to cut up some leftover Italian Sausage from the freezer, fried it, and added some Italian Style diced tomatoes from a can. I boiled the gnocchi for just the right amount of time, and added it to my sauce, and it turned out perfect!

No comments: