Monday, July 5, 2010

Kayaking in La Jolla

My last blog post was Wild Animal Park in SD....That wasn't the only thing we did, but that was the last thing I could capture with my phone at the time....

On July 3rd, we went on a kayaking tour in La Jolla which included the La Jolla caves. I had never gone ocean kayaking before and didn't know what to expect. We got on the kayak, and here came the waves. We were in the kayak, probably at about a 45 degree angle paddling for calm water.

Little did I know that the "calm water" I was looking for would actually be like sitting on a pendulum. As we waited for the rest of the tour group, I started to feel it. Yup, it was that morning breakfast coming right up...We let the group go ahead and I left my mark on the ocean.

Sophy asked if I wanted to go back, but I decided I might as well go for the caves. We made it there, saw some sea lions, sophy saw a dolphin in the water, and that was that.

We head back to shore, and caught a huge wave. We made it past that one, and the wave pushed us forward. Another wave came, and there goes the kayak. We both fell in and that was pretty much the end of my phone haha....

Kayaking in La Jolla, if you don't get seasick, is definitely a cool thing to try out with some nice sights. My phone didn't make it, but once I got a new one, I found that I was able to salvage these pictures from the memory card.





No comments: