Sunday, January 2, 2011

Drago Centro for NYE

I've always wanted to try the Drago brothers' various restaurants. The only one I've tried was Il Pastaio in Beverly Hills which has always been one of my favorite italian restaurants. For New Year's Eve dinner, we went to Drago Centro in Downtown LA...



We began with the "il tagliere di affettati con gnocco fritto" hahaha, which was described as "house selection of charcuterie, gnocco modena style"...still didn't mean much to me until I googled it of course. Basically, it's a selection of house prepared meats including proscuitto, salami, mortadella, capricola, and something else I don't remember. It also came with this fried bread that was the perfect complement to the meats...



Sophy and I each ordered our own pasta. I went with one of my normal pasta favorites, garganelli which has some sausage in it. Sophy went for the more adventurous "gli agnolotti" which was small pastas filled with duck.



We finished our dinner with the bone-in ribeye for two with potatoes and smoked hollandaise (okay there's other stuff but what do I care about carrots and fancy mushrooms). Anyhow, the steak was incredible. It was so tender and juicy on the inside while the outside had these crispier edges. The potato cake had a nice lemon taste to it and the smoked hollandaise was the best sauce I've ever had with a steak.


No comments: